Friday, May 31, 2013

Thursday, freeday!

Today we slept in and went to the get breakfast in the hotel again. Food was amazing as usual.  We all wanted to get some souvenirs for people back home and for ourselves so we decided to go shopping!  Our hotel was connected to a mall called "MBK" which is a lot like an indoor market.  After a while all of the shops in MBK start to look the same.  They have the same bags, the same shoes, the same souvenirs, and etc.  Nearby (across the skywalk) was a string of three more malls though, and one of them was known for being high fashion.  Two of the malls were just like malls in the US and we quickly bypassed those. They had all the same stores and all the same prices.  The high fashion mall was the most interesting, with each designer having their own small shop, with their own store shell design, and their own fixture design.  Unfortunately I was too distracted by all of the interesting fashion to realize that I should take pictures for this blog!

Next we wanted to go to Sukhumvit.  This was an area where I had stayed one night while I was traveling on my own (before the group arrived) so I was familiar with the area.  We took the sky train to get there.  It was interesting for the crowd I was with.  If you have ever been to Sukhumvit Soi 4 you know why. 

After visiting Sukhumvit, we made our way back to the hotel.  In my hotel room I found a little personal sized birthday cake for me!!  That was incredibly nice!  It was amazing to have a birthday that was a free day in Thailand, and by free, I mean free time, free place to stay, free food, and free transportation!  Finally, to top off the day we relaxed for a couple hours at the pool.  The pool was on the roof of the 8th floor of the hotel, so the view was amazing and there was a breeze whisking away the heat of the city! What a lucky gal I was on my 29th birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment